– By Paul Chong Saturday, 31 October 2009
Like most people I am a sucker for a good love story. Love interests both young & old, though it takes on a different perspective according to age. For the young it’s more passion while the old is full of compassion. This is the natural recourse of things.
If women did not entice timid men by every subtle trick used by birds & beasts, how would the human race be perpetuated? And if men did not force their way upon timid women, within rules of decency, how would the hesitant female ever find a partner? This is the scenario that depicts the law of natural attraction.
Love is that great four-letter word that colours your day, lifts up sky-high, all the time seemingly floating in the seventh heaven, fills you with music & makes you sing for joy! Remember the day when you dared promise every inconceivable things on earth? It has that intense feeling of deep affection. Such is the power of love!
Have you ever considered the following scenario:
- Some people find love easily, others difficult, while still others fall in & fall out of love.
- Love at first sight but may even be at first bite.
- Love sustains all fight, for love is the light of your life.
- Does love matter? All we need is great sex! Some people would say.
- “To have sex . . . I must feel love”, but is love necessary to have sex?
- Some believe sex in the partnership equation is the question & love is the answer.
- The conservatives believe marriages to be made in heaven. Fate & destiny play a large part in the question of affinity.
- Love comes from the heart & not from the dick. That’s why the image of love is always represented by the red pictorial heart.
Ultimately, sex dies as with age. Physical desire wanes as physical disability gains. Perhaps it dies faster with the female partner because of menopause, while men may still be sexually active. Love can be sustained longer, irrespective of age or state of health. It is at the golden years of our lives that we begin to treasure more of love & companionship as we expend with the energy of sex & passion.
It’s been commonly believed that only humans & a handful of animal species perform sex for pleasure other than procreation. Current understanding shows that this promiscuity & opportunistic nature are in fact more widespread.
At the end of day, in the bed where we lay, I surmise that love matters more than sex. Love lingers on. It’s the link & bond of love that perpetuate the human race.
Feedback & Comments welcome. Share your view with tens of thousands in this blog. Remain anonymous when commenting if you prefer.