In recollecting my younger days in the challenging field of life insurance business, there used to be a favourite story of mine which I liked to relate & dmonstrate to my agency force & clients alike as “How much life insurance is enough?”
This story is “The Bank of Time” which unlike our conventional money bank does not permit any deposit of your very own except withdrawals – a fixed endowment amount is credited to you each day upon your awakening.
This is an interesting concept & certainly a worthy food for thought.
“Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank. It’s name is TIME.
Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against “tomorrow.” You must live in the present on today’s deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success. The clock is running! Make the most of today.
• To realize the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.
• To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
• To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
• To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
• To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who just missed a train.
• To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask someone who just avoided an accident.
• To realize the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal at the Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with. And remember time waits for no one. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why its called the present.”
Story – Author Unknown
“The Bank of Time” that TIME forgets!
It’s the Bank that all or most people generally forget.
“The Bank of Time” is really YOU!
Your life is immeasurable & you’d like to insure yourself to the optimum limit in the event of accidents & untimely demise.
One thought on “The Bank of Time”
I cannot overemphasize its truth Paul.
I just want to say AMEN! and AMEN!