longest trucks in the world.
They have 3 or more trailers and are 53
(174 feet) hauling 115 metric tons (253,531 pounds).
Keep an eye open for the super
Road-Train it has 7 trailers and hauls 190 metric tonnes.
Tennant Bar. jpg
The drivers are tough & great drinkers, as traditional are.
This is a recent account regarding the cattle trains at Helen Springs Station.
Photos are of the trucks loading cattle.
Road-trains loading cattle at Helen Springs Station, north of Tennant Creek NT.
There are interesting statistics:
· There are 17 trucks with 3 trailers and 2 decks per trailer;
· Therefore there are 102 decks of cattle and there would be approximately
28 cattle per deck;
· This totals 2,856 head of cattle
· The cattle will weigh approximately 500kg
· The sale price for cattle at Longreach is approx. 165c/kg
· Each animal will therefore be sold at $825.
· Total revenue from this analysis is $2,356,200
Other interesting facts:
* Each trailer has 24 tyres plus a dolly with 8 tyres
* Each vehicle therefore has 62 tyres (not including spares)
* For the 72 trucks there are 4,464 tyres on the road.
Do you love a sunburnt country?
Now that’s a Road -Train…!