RSS

The Magic Healing Power Of Onions

16 May

Humble Onions from Mother Earth

Believe it or not

They work wonders!

A friend of mine told me a story about when he was a kid he was in the hospital & nearly dying. His grandmother came to the hospital & told a family member to go buy her a large onion & a new pair of white cotton socks. She sliced the onion open then put a slice on the bottom of each of his feet & put the white cotton socks on him. In the morning when he awoke they removed the socks. The slices of onion were black & his fever was gone.

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it and many died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn’t believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser in AZ. She said that several years ago many of her employees were coming down with the flu and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work.. (And no, she is not in the onion business.)

The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If you work at a desk, place one or two in your office or under your desk or even on top somewhere. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.

For flu cure : cut both ends off an onion put one end on a fork and then place the forked end into an empty jar…placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs…sure enough it happened just like that…the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.

From the above testimonies, it is evident that the humble onion has that magic touch!

One more thing, never store cut onions

and consume the next day.

In view of our highly urbanized & consumer lifestyles, we have largely become detached from mother earth living like astronauts stuck in outer space. Consequently, our basic survival & daily needs like food, water including medicines & drugs are collected, packaged & plastic-wrapped for our convenient consumption through the courtesy & benefits of the corporations.

Life has become superficial, futile & vain – absolutely!

Why so superficial & artificial when everything we see around us springs naturally from Mother Earth?

37 Comments

Posted by on May 16, 2010 in Uncategorized

Tags: , , , ,

37 responses to “The Magic Healing Power Of Onions

1. Junmar Nanez

October 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm

IM TRULY APPRECITED THE TESTIMONIES THAT I RED IN YOURE ARTICLE ,,I WISH THERS SOME WHO WANTS TO POISE HERE…SO IT BE…TO OTHERS WHO…RED THAT INFORMATION

• Kenyatta Watts

April 26, 2013 at 3:54 am

I recently was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. I was on antibiotics, steroids, and inhalers. Nothing seemed to break the tightness, cough and congestion in my chest. My daughter started her science project on Tuesday April 23, 2013, you guessed it on onions. She asked if she could place an onion in my room over night to see if it would help me with my cough and congestion. The onion was stank as hell, and my husband complained all night about the smell. I woke the next morning amazingly feeling better with little to no congestion. I am truly sold! She did remove the onion out of the room and placed on the counter in the kitchen. Today April 25, 2013 I am 100% congestion free.

2. Allan R S Jenkins

March 18, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Sixty years ago my Grandfather told me of a person who died in hospital, he had been begging for someone to feed him raw onions, to make him better, every one thought this would make him more ill.
    After the mans death a groath was taken out of his body and put in a bowl of chopped onions, by the next the day the groath had disolved.
    I have never thought this to be untrue, During my life I have ate raw onions every day, and still do.
    I am now older than my Grandfather was when he told me, and in very good health.
    Allan J

3. Kate & Fred

June 25, 2012 at 2:45 am

Im so glad that you ate all those onions and that you are in your own words” in very good health” Im sure we are going to rush out and buy lots and lots of f onions. Has it helped you keep your mind alert as I know alot of older people have problems with their heads when they get older.

4. edward wilk

August 8, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I have had type II diabetes for 20 years. My blood sugars have averaged as high as 250+. Have improved recently but since cooking with 1/4 to 1/2 of an onion daily am averaging around 160.
    I have become a believer.
    Thanks,
    Ed Wilk

5. Michelle

September 26, 2012 at 4:38 am

Why not cut onions today and eat them tomorrow or the next day?

• Melissa

October 31, 2012 at 2:12 am

Because they absorb all the bacteria in the air so if you eat the onion you eat the bacteria, get it

• colin

April 22, 2013 at 8:56 am

Michelle,WTF? try reading and ABSORBING the information.

• Lina

January 28, 2014 at 9:48 am

Because they have sucked up the toxins around them.

6. robbie@whytekerner.com

December 2, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Onions also are an amazing treatment for burns. I received a severe burn when cooking, years ago. An herbalist friend chopped an onion finely, wrapped it in sterile gauze, and wrapped that around my burnt hand. Immediately the cool onion drew out the pain of the burn. She made me keep it on the burn all night. This was a very bad burn and the next morning it was completely healed. That was about 12 years ago and since then my entire family has experienced this amazing power of onions with burns. One time I fell asleep at the beach and my entire back and legs got fried. I thought I would have to spend the rest of the vacation week inside. We puréed onions in the blender and covered my back and legs for about 6 hours. The pain, redness and swelling left me and the next day I was able to go back to the beach. The burn turned tan and I never peeled!

I can’t wait to try the flu cure and prevention!

7. Sharon

December 3, 2012 at 1:39 am

Does it matter what kind of onion?

• Paul

December 3, 2012 at 6:01 am

People generally use the common cooking onion. I guess, if there’s any other type, so long it
      possesses the same properties, it will do the job.

8. Cheri

December 15, 2012 at 12:34 am

I read some similar information two days ago. I have been suffering from some sinus issues for a month, but am avoiding doctors (bills) this year. So I’ve just been taking Clariton during the day and NyQuill in the evenings. Two nights ago I placed a cut onion next to my bed, near my pillow, on a dresser. I slept with it there for two nights and I felt 80% better the first day, and would say I’m 95% improved today. I’m so amazed and happy!

• Paul

December 15, 2012 at 2:39 am

Bless you. I am glad it works for you. Your personal experience will be the best testimony.

9. liz marsh

December 21, 2012 at 12:23 am

Wow, sounds Awesome! I will be trying this tonight for my family since my husband suffers from mold toxins in his brain. On top of that he was diagnosed with Leukemia and MS. Believe me, my house will be filled with onions. Thanks very much. I can’t wait to see the results. :)

10. ybertaud9

December 29, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Reblogged this on ByzantineFlowers and commented:
    Believe it or not

They work wonders!

One more thing, never store cut onions

and consume the next day.

Life has become superficial, futile & vain – absolutely!

• waru

June 25, 2013 at 10:56 pm

yes you right :)

11. Fogleman Forerunner

January 3, 2013 at 4:42 am

Reblogged this on Health News Letter and commented:
    Red Onions are GREAT around the house and in food…

12. Lynette

January 6, 2013 at 10:32 pm

When you put the onions in each room to absorb the bacteria, how often do you replace them???

13. francisca mesquita

January 13, 2013 at 12:07 am

great i like this article i am also going to try it as i suffer from wheezing

14. Jem_albert

January 18, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I’ve been having this virus (diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, body pain, fever) for 5 days, having tablets, with no particular results. I came across this onion article and yesterday night I tried it. Today, as by magic, I am completely cured. I do believe in the power of natural things, I was feeling that the tablets were not working and they were making my stomach even more upset. Thank you!!!!!!!!! It does work and it is TRUE! I urge everyone to believe in the power of nature!

15. Trulaine

March 6, 2013 at 1:46 am

Coughing phegm will help also???

16. mamidarkness

May 27, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Reblogged this on Rotten Candy.

17. waru

June 25, 2013 at 10:54 pm

this is a good page

18. Lorri

July 12, 2013 at 10:22 am

In all things, natural is best.

19. Neal

August 7, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hi there everyone, it’s my first visit at this site, and post is truly fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these articles or reviews.

20. John

September 23, 2013 at 5:41 am

Amazing! Thank you

21. mark

December 19, 2013 at 10:10 am

One thing that kind of irks me in the article is this quote “She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy”. A virus is a virus, not a bacteria. The quote equates them to be the same thing.

22. Charmaine

December 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I’m have been sick for a few days now and I’m putting an onion next to my bed tonight and try this method if it works I will be a believer too.

23. Tonya Diamond

January 20, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Thank you, Mark! I must admit I have the same pet peeve, viruses and bacteria are NOT the same and they are not treated the same. Antibiotics will do absolutely nothing for a cold or flu or any other viral infection for that matter. This line of thinking is one reason we have “superbugs” (bacteria) resistent to antibiotics– a serious problem.

24. trudy clark

January 21, 2014 at 3:26 am

onions are awesome .I love to bake them and they make the best tea to help you sleep and to make you feel better. and, doesn’t it seem strange how many onions you use during the winter months? that’s when we need them the most. and, it seems we use them like cazy we fry them, bake them,put them in soups dressing stuffing,and salads.and we eat them raw on hamburgers.sandwichs. you can’t go wrong with an onion

25. Katrina lankford

January 31, 2014 at 1:02 am

What kind of onion? My family tried yellow and purple onion, neither one of them worked for us.

• Paul

January 31, 2014 at 1:24 am

Should work as with many testimonies. Try brown.